Our library has an extensive collection of fiction books in addition to materials for research. We also have a very healthy graphic novel collection with lots of comics and super-hero books as well as an amazing “Actors’ Bookshelf” in our 800’s.
H-B’s librarians, past and present, offer you these lists:
- Popular authors for Middle Schoolers
- Young Adult (YA ) Authors that are REALLY popular!
- March Book Madness selections for Middle Grades and for Young Adults
- Winners of the Newbery Award, Printz, National Book Award, Pulitzer as well as other recommended reading by theme, topic or genre are listed in “Collections” that are accessed in our Library Catalog.
- Awesome, well researched lists are published for students by Arlington’s Public Library!
- Want best books? Try:
- Virginia Reader’s Choice – annual lists of recommended books from the Virginia State Reading Association, voted on by K-12 students in Virginia
- Capitol Choices – Recommended book lists from librarians, teachers, booksellers, children’s literature specialists, reviewers, and magazine editors who work in cities, suburbs, and rural areas in and around Washington, D.C.
- New York Times Best Sellers of the Week
- New York Times Top 100 Books of 2021 Top 100 Books of 2020 Top 100 Books of 2019; Top 100 Books of 2018; Top 100 books of 2017
- A favorite site for book recommendations: Your Next Read
- New York Public Library Site: Stuff for the Teen Age. Check it out!
- Another fun site for book reviews, recommendations, movie tie-ins and author gossip is: Forever Young Adult
- Diversity is important. See the world through different lenses: Diversity in YA
- Want to know “what comes next” in a series? Use one of these links:
- Don’t you hate it when there is a huge gap in a series? Check out this site: Recaptains: Saving Series, One Book at a Time, designed to refresh your memory between that “last” book, published years ago and that “newest” book.
H-B’s book clubs are forums for sharing great titles. Try out a meeting!
What has H-B alum and our former Supervisor of Libraries been reading? She was H-B’s Librarian and we love reading Theresa Flynn’s Wild Librarian Bookspot — hundreds of reviews and still counting.