Our library has an extensive collection of fiction books in addition to materials for research. We also have a very healthy graphic novel collection with lots of comics and super-hero books as well as an amazing “Actors’ Bookshelf” in our 800’s.
H-B’s librarians, past and present, offer you these lists:
- Popular authors for Middle Schoolers
- Young Adult (YA ) Authors that are REALLY popular in various genres
- March Book Madness selections for this year listed for Middle Grades and YA or from their MBM Hall of Fame.
- Winners of the Newbery Award, Printz, National Book Award, Pulitzer as well as other recommended reading by theme, topic or genre are listed in “Collections” that are accessed in our Library Catalog.
- Awesome, well researched lists are published for students by Arlington’s Public Library!
- Want best books? Try:
- New York Times Best Seller Lists
- The Children’s Literature Web Guide
- YALSA’S Best Fiction List for Young Adults
- Virginia Reader’s Choice – annual lists of recommended books from the Virginia State Reading Association, voted on by K-12 students in Virginia
- Capitol Choices – Recommended book lists from librarians, teachers, booksellers, children’s literature specialists, reviewers, and magazine editors who work in cities, suburbs, and rural areas in and around Washington, D.C.
- New York Times Best Sellers of the Week
- A site for book recommendations: Your Next Read
- New York Public Library Site: Book lists!
- Another fun site for book reviews, recommendations, movie tie-ins and author gossip is: Forever Young Adult
- Diversity is important. See the world through different lenses: Diversity in YA
- What has H-B alum and our former Supervisor of Libraries been reading? She was H-B’s Librarian and you might like reading Theresa Flynn’s Wild Librarian Bookspot — hundreds of reviews and still counting.
Books in Series:
Want to know “what comes next” in a series? Use one of these links:
Don’t you hate it when there is a huge gap in a series? Check out this site: Recaptains: Saving Series, One Book at a Time, designed to refresh your memory between that “last” book, published years ago and that “newest” book.
Start or join a Book Club at H-B:
H-B’s book clubs are forums for sharing great titles. Try out a meeting!