Make sure you have all the latest information about H-B Woodlawn. This page will give you an overview of how you can receive information, how you can communicate with other parents and staff members and where to look for other information.
HBW – News
The HBW PAC uses HBW News to distribute announcements, meeting notices, and other information of interest to HBW parents and the wider HBW community. All members of the HB community are encouraged to sign up, i.e., HB students and their parents, grandparents, and guardians; HB staff; HB alumni (parents/students/staff); members of the Arlington County School Board; and senior APS staff. Once you are a member, you will not be removed unless you ask to be removed.
SIGN UP now for the HBW-News Google Group by following the instructions below.
- Your first and last name
- Your connection to the HB community (parent/guardian, staff, student, etc.)
- The name(s) and grade(s) of your child(ren) who attend HB (if you are a parent/guardian)
Once the list serve manager has added you to the group, you will receive an automated welcome message. Questions or problems? Please contact our manager, Anne Michel at email@example.com.
Communicating With HBW Staff
Communicating with staff at H-B Woodlawn is easy. Each staff member’s email address is listed on our webpage under “About Us.” All staff members can be reached by phone by calling the main office, 703-228-6363, and leaving a message. Your calls, questions, and feedback are welcome.
Consider your child’s Teacher Advisor (TA) as your first line of communication regarding your student. TAs monitor and track student progress and are student advocates. TAs can help students develop the confidence and skills they need to advocate for themselves and to become responsible, self-directed learners. Call either office for the name of your child’s Teacher Advisor.
APS School Talk
Have you subscribed to APS School Talk? This is the official communication tool for APS and H-B Woodlawn. Once you have signed up, you can select the types of information and method (email, text, etc.) you prefer. This includes emergency closings, school board meetings, official H-B announcements and other information. Click here to subscribe or update your membership to APS School Talk.
The first place to look for information is the H-B website.
- The home page lists latest news and calendar events. The new website has a portal students, parents and staff. These are directory pages that list all the pages and posts of particular interest to those groups. Check out the Parents tab.
- Under the “About Us” tab you will find general information about H-B, minutes from Town Meetings, information on the new school and a new Staff directory that lists all staff with their email addresses.
- The “Curriculum” tab includes the current Program of Studies, and Summer assignments and supply lists for next year.
- The “PAC” tab includes the PAC site with information about meetings and other information of particular interest to parents.
- The “Events” tab includes our various H-B calendars and a link to buy tickets to upcoming performances.
You can send an email directly to your child’s TA or teacher. Names, pictures and email addresses of H-B staff can be found on the Staff Directory link under “About Us”.
H-B Woodlawn Calendar
H-B calendars are hosted on the APS web page. You can subscribe to the calendar and view it on your computer, phone or other device.
Don’t miss an event – subscribe to the calendar now!
High school and middle school students may log into StudentVUE. The StudentVUE information portal allows students to view their grades & attendance as well as stay on top of classroom happenings, assignments, tests, academic performance and more.
ParentVUE is an online tool to help you monitor your student’s education. It will allow you to update contact information and provide you with access to the latest information about your student’s attendance and grades. Middle and high school families will also be able to view student schedules and class assignments with ParentVUE. If you need to create an account, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in the office. Frequently asked questions about ParentVUE can be found here.
H-B Woodlawn Office
Main Office – 703-228-6363
Assuring Two-Way Communication
Just a reminder, if you have changed your home address; your home, work, or cell phone number, or your emergency contact in the last year, please let our registrar know. She will update our official school records.