Motions: Special schedule 9/24, Activity block for the Big Draw; Activity block activities are consent items in Town Meeting – -Discussions: Activity Blocks, 6th graders TA, End of year scholarship information, Wifi Situation, HB Honor Society – – Announcements: Committee for Future of HB, Building Level Planning Committee, Bike rack, Street Sense, Theater Season, Song Writing Club, Ultimate Frisbee!
- SAB elections
- Nominees selected next week
- Staff meeting tomorrow
- Committee for Future of HB
- Continuing the committee started by Bennett last year; ask Marie for details
- BLPCs update – Building Level Planning Committee
- Both proposed buildings were significantly over budget○
- Possibly remove parking from new building?
- Many other ideas on the table
- Ask members of the BLPC for more information
- Students in 8th grade will be the first class to graduate from the new school
- Bike rack
- Any ideas for where a new, larger bike rack should go are welcome
- Street Sense Tom
- Looking for students interested in writing and otherwise taking part in the upcoming play, “Devising Hope”
- Really great program, sign up in the next few days!
- Theater Season Tom
- Please audition for, take part in, or see the new blackbox shows!
- Many auditions available during Lunch, and H Block later this week
- Song Writing Club Dan○
- First meeting in room 108 at lunch time today
- Future meetings will be scheduled for a different time
- Ultimate Frisbee! Dave
- 6th grader ultimate practice on Wednesday! Other students will have practices later this week.
- Do I need to have any previous experience? NO!
- Special schedule 9/24 Casey
- Brief TA at the beginning of the day to allow for preparation for Back to School Night
- Motion passed.
- Activity block for the Big Draw
- Motion Passed.
- Further discussion on the scheduling of activity blocks below.
- Activity blocks
- Activity blocks will be held during one Town Meeting a month○
- Perhaps activity blocks should be consent items in Town Meeting Bill P
- We shouldn’t be scheduling things during Town Meeting, so an activity block would give us time to have choices Eleanor
- Perhaps Activity blocks would help attendance at TAs, with less conflicts
- Maybe having so many activities during one block would create even more conflicts
- Motion that activity block activities are consent items in Town Meeting Bill
- Call to question
- 6th graders TA
- Any high schoolers interested in talking to 6th grade TAs about Town Meeting are welcome
- Town Meeting Class○ (same as above)
- End of year scholarship information
- More information on the end of year scholarships, especially since there are more of them? Maybe on the website? Carol
- Wifi Situation
- Probably a carryover from SOL testing? Ben
- We are short IP addresses for all personal and school devices Dan
- Is there anything we can do about this, maybe ask the county?
- IP addresses are not the problem; we don’t have enough bandwidth (from Verizon) Ben
- There was a similar problem recently addressed at WL. Tom
- HB Woodlawn Honors Society○
- Make the NHS “more about our school”
- Community engagement should be social, continuous, engaging○
- Meeting at TA on Thursday○
- Trying to show the community that HB is already a part of the larger community.
- No GPA average required○
- Motion to table – Passed
Chair: Salome Gongadze
CoChair: Ben Gessel
Secretary: Jacob Hall