- 11/15/16-12/9/16 – Application to Town Meeting for new courses or changes to Program of Studies
- 12/9/16 – Last day for Program of Studies changes
- 1/13/17 – Program of Studies published
Course Requests for Next Year
Students will meet with their TAs on Thursday, February 9 to update their Educational and Career Planning Form and complete their course request form for 2017-18. Personalized copies of the Course Request Forms will be given to students during TA on February 9. Students can also complete these forms in Google Docs or Word.
Students need to get required signatures from parents and teachers. Signed course request forms need to be returned to TAs by Thursday, February 16.
Academic Planning – The Department of Counseling has developed a website to assist students and parents in making decisions and planning for next year and the future. It includes a new Academic Planning Roadmap, current graduation requirements and many other resources.
This is the complete Program of Studies handbook for 2017-18. It includes course descriptions of all middle school and high school classes, requirements, guidelines and Course Request Forms. Only limited printed copies of this handbook are available. Please conserve resources and read this online.
Course Selection for Rising 6th Graders
Rising 6th graders will receive their Course Request Forms with their acceptance letter in the mail. These forms need to be returned by March 1. Contact the office at 703-228-6351 or Vanessa Piccorossi if you have any questions. You can use this blank form if you have misplaced yours. 6th grade course request form
Course Codes and Titles for 2017-18 (High School Classes) updated Feb 8
Career Center Courses for 2016-2017 –
- Titles & Course Codes
- Career Center Course Descriptions 2017-2018 (From the APS Comprehensive High School Program of Studies and Programs)
Virtual Course Offerings
Beginning in the 2013-14 school year, students entering Grade 9 are required by the Code of Virginia to successfully complete one virtual course to earn a Standard Diploma or an Advanced Studies Diploma. To see the list of offerings for 2016-17 school year, go to the email@example.com website.
For more information about virtual classes offered in APS go to the firstname.lastname@example.org website.
Virtual Course Offerings to Fulfill Graduation Requirement (From APS Comprehensive Program of Studies)
Allocation and Arena Scheduling
- 3/16/17 – 1:30 pm – Departments meet for Allocation Planning
- 4/20/17 – 1:30 pm – Allocation Committee
- 5/2/17 – 1:30 pm afternoon (special schedule) – Town Meeting Allocation Vote
- 5/8/17 – 6/2/17 – Master Schedule development
- 6/8/17 – Arena Scheduling (Students select courses and teachers for 2016-17)