- 11/15/16-12/9/16 – Application to Town Meeting for new courses or changes to Program of Studies
- 12/9/16 – Last day for Program of Studies changes
- 1/13/17 – Program of Studies published
Course Requests for Next Year
Students will meet with their TAs on Thursday, February 9 to update their Educational and Career Planning Form and complete their course request form for 2017-18. Personalized copies of the Course Request Forms will be given to students during TA on February 9. Students can also complete these forms in Google Docs or Word.
Students need to get required signatures from parents and teachers. Signed course request forms need to be returned to TAs by Friday, February 17.
Academic Planning – The Department of Counseling has developed a website to assist students and parents in making decisions and planning for next year and the future. It includes a new Academic Planning Roadmap, current graduation requirements and many other resources.
Course Selection for Rising 6th Graders
Rising 6th graders will receive their Course Request Forms with their acceptance letter in the mail. These forms need to be returned by March 7. Contact the office at 703-228-6363 or email@example.com if you have any questions. You can use this blank form if you have misplaced yours. Rising 6th Grade CRF Form
Career Center Courses for 2016-2017 –
Virtual Course Offerings
Beginning in the 2013-14 school year, students entering Grade 9 are required by the Code of Virginia to successfully complete one virtual course to earn a Standard Diploma or an Advanced Studies Diploma. To see the list of offerings for 2016-17 school year, go to the firstname.lastname@example.org website.
For more information about virtual classes offered in APS go to the email@example.com website.
Allocation and Arena Scheduling
- 3/16/17 – 1:30 pm – Departments meet for Allocation Planning
- 4/20/17 – 1:30 pm – Allocation Committee
- 5/2/17 – 1:30 pm afternoon (special schedule) – Town Meeting Allocation Vote
- 5/8/17 – 6/2/17 – Master Schedule development
- 6/8/17 – Arena Scheduling (Students select courses and teachers for 2016-17)