Northern VA and DC (with some Arlington links: https://sites.google.com/site/primarysourceshb/virginia
Arlington’s Local History
Books: Consult the library’s RESOURCE LIST called “Arlington Local History” (inside the Destiny Catalog) to find some rare books that are loaded with primary sources and stories related to Arlington’s history. They’ll be “reserved reading” for use during your I-Block in the library until Sept. 24; after that researchers can check them out.
Articles available online:
- History of H-B from H-B Woodlawn’s Web Site . = Read this.
- Resources for learning more of H-B Woodlawn’s History compiled by H-B’s students and students.
- “Sit-Ins Come to Arlington” from WETA’s Boundary Stones Blog.
- “Stratford School… gets Historic District Designation” from Washington Post
- Crossing the Divide: The desegregation of Stratford Junior High wasn’t a finish line in the march for civil rights. from Arlington Magazine
- 60th Anniversary Celebration of Arlington’s Desegregation.
- more coming soon. Recommend your great sources for Maggie to add here!
NoodleTools Support: here
Arlington Historical Centers:
- Arlington Historical Society – use the link for “collections” to view valuable primary sources!
- Arlington Public Library’s Center for Local History – Explore the links into digitized primary sources on the bottom of the page!
- Black Heritage Museum of Arlington, VA Their links on the right side of this page are fantastic!
- more coming soon.