Access information about…
- Authors’ Works – how to find
- Authors’ Lives – Biographical Information
- Literary Themes – Good vs. Evil…Motherhood… Sacrifice…War…Individuality – these are all themes. How can you locate writing on a specific theme?
- Literary Movements: the historical period, authors and works that shaped the timeline of how literature developed over the centuries with new formats, themes, and prominent writers
- Literary Criticism: book reviews and essays about specific works and authors
Is your project an “Author Study? Use the links above to answer essential questions:
- How can I find a sampling of texts by that writer– for ex., books, poems, essays, short stories…
- How can I better understand, generally, the times in which she lived? (Use historical databases and books about the place, events and important figures of the time for historical context.)
- How can I learn about the specific life story of the author, i.e., a brief biographical overview, or for more depth, a full-length memoir or a biography?
- How can I better understand the LITERARY MOVEMENT(s) to which he/she may have contributed or which he/she rejected?
- How can I find essays or book reviews (called literary criticism) that comment on the themes and impact of that specific author?