Find abundant imagery and specific information dedicated to the detailed study in these databases:
- Salem History has a section called FASHION INNOVATORS– this is one of the HBW-specific “Gale Databases”
- Oxford Art – look for it in MackinVia
- Oxford Music – look for it in MackinVia
- Gale E-books has an important resource on fashion on the “Art” shelf and another on the “History” shelf.
- Pop Culture Collection – inside MackinVia. It’s helpful for researching music, fashion, art, film, celebrity culture that was popular at a particular point in history, especially since the 1950’s. Scholars have contributed articles that demonstrate changing depictions, attitudes and tastes.
- Ebsco Host – click “research databases” and de-select ERIC and K-8 resources when you search all the rest of the research databases at once.
- Proquest E-book Central – inside Mackinvia. Full books on research topics.
- Academic OneFile from Gale – helpful for magazine and journal articles (and some images)
- Film: (use also keyword “cinema” if you are studying qualities of movies) is covered to a good extent in the Gale Literature. Other resources listed in our “Literature” Research Guide are worth giving a try!